Our central North Island location is the perfect meeting point for those travelling from Auckland and Wellington, Taranaki and Hawkes Bay, Hamilton and Palmerston North or anywhere in between.
- Wellington – 4 hours by car or take the Northern Explorer Train to Ohakune
- Auckland – 4.5 hours by car or fly to Whanganui
- Hamilton, Napier, New Plymouth – all 3 hours by car
- Palmerston North – 2 hours
- Taupo – 1.5 hours
We are also conveniently situated near three of Mt Ruapehu ski areas, two of New Zealand’s Great Walks, a National Cycle Trail and an outstanding golf course.
- 30mins to the Tongariro Crossing – transport departs daily from our doorstep during summer
- 30 mins to the Whanganui River – jet boat to the Bridge to Nowhere with an optional kayak return
- 10 mins to Old Coach Road – a 15km mountain bike ride, can also be completed as a shorter walk
- 5 minutes to the Ruapehu Golf Course – for the best views without the queues
- 20 mins to the National Army Museum at Waiouru